Thursday, April 24, 2014

Retirement

"Retirement, a time to do what you want to do, when you want to do it, where you want to do it, and, how you want to do it." Catherine Pulsifer

Have you really thought about your own retirement and the funds that you will need to be able to do what you want to do, where you want to do it and how you want to do it?

Just for the fun of it I played with a couple of different retirement calculators that I found online.

Scared the you know what out of me.

WHY? In order to retire at my current income and be in retirement for 20 years I need to start investing over $25,000 annually at 7% interest. And that DOES NOT account for any kind of inflation. The way prices are increasing I might be able to buy a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk each month when I retire.

I'm not even going to make you search. Here are two of the calculators I used - Bloomberg and Bankrate. And no I don't earn any credits or pennies for sharing those links. So go ahead and put in your own info and see where you stand.

I was already building a business online (a couple in fact) when I decided to do this research. And I like the potential with my business over the need to invest that kind of money. My total business cost is around $100/month ($1200 per year). A whole lot less than $25k.


It may take me a few years and some work to reach a comfortable monthly income but that is a better option in my opinion than retiring with virtually nothing.

If your calculations are as scary as mine and you are ready to start and work your business then get started today.

Just for a little more fun...

If you start at age 25 - invest $1200 per year - at 7% you will have about $239,500 at age 65. If you plan to live 20 years after retirement you will have about $12,000 a year income. Do the math for the monthly! Not very good.

If you start at age 35 - you will have about $5700 per year income.

Age 45 - $2400 per year.

Age 55 - $830 per year.

I think I know where I'd rather put my $100 per month. What about you?

Need a little more...

Let's say you want to have 1 million in your retirement account at age 65. We'll use the same 7% with no adjustments for inflation or cost of living.

Starting at age 25 you need to invest a little over $5k per year.

Age 35 that amount increases to about $10,500.

Age 45 $24,400

Age 55 $72,000 plus

Age 64 - you would need to put 1 million into your account in order to retire the next year.

Do I have your attention?

Will you really be ready to retire. Join for less than $20/month today and let me help you.



No comments:

Post a Comment